Home Forums Crowdfunding Service Reviews Crowdfunding PR, Social Media, SEO, or Ads?

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Profile photo of George Lidel George Lidel 4 years, 2 months ago
  • Profile photo of JohncrowdfundforumJohncrowdfundforum
    Keymaster
    @johncrowdfundforum

Which is most important if you are trying to put together a marketing strategy for a Kickstarter or Indiegogo project? I’d like some of the more experienced members to weigh in please. If you have successfully funded a project then let us know which ones you used or didn’t use. Thanks!

Profile photo of Jill SmithJill Smith
    Participant
    @jillsmith

Well I know which one is not important: SEO. Nobody is going to search for a crowdfunding project on google. This rarely happens. Why? People go to google to shop for something they need right then and there. Crowdfunding is not a place to go shopping for instant gratification. It takes months (sometimes years) to get your product from a crowdfunding campaign. So SEO is just not a good fit.

That being said, SEO doesn’t really get their attention for your story. That’s more up to crowdfunding PR strategies or social media. I think both of those are much more suited for crowdfunding.

Profile photo of George LidelGeorge Lidel
    Participant
    @george-lidel

Crowdfunding PR is at the top. There’s no other way to reach so many people the right way. It really tells your story and gets peoples attention, which are the two things you need to do to get them to actually support you. Also crowdfunding PR agencies that have experience with crowdfunding PR will always get you the most bang for your buck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.